Monday, September 5, 2016

New Year, New Goals

   This year marks my second year serving in Taiwan with IBLP and HTC Foundation. I have enjoyed my experience serving the people of Taiwan. Not only have I learned about a different culture, I have also experienced some of the struggles people have with being a Christian in another country outside of America. I am excited to see how this year differs from last year.
 
Love the smiles!
 Today is my first day back to school. I am going into this year excited to see God's hand at work, yet nervous at what to expect. There are quite a handful of challenges that come along with serving over seas. My goal for this glorify God in my service here as well as my friendships. I have been involved with my college friends and have been counseling quite a few of them in learning the Christian faith.
  Taiwan, with only 3% Christian population is still new to this "foreign" religion. This country, being under the influence of Communist China, is under so much oppression and fear. From a young age, children are taught to fear the evil spirits, lest they will be cursed and have them indwell them. My heart is burdened for the children and young people of Taiwan. Every day, fear is used to discipline and have authority over the children.
  New year comes with new goals. My goal is to reach more of the people of Taitung ( the county I serve) with the Gospel and light of Jesus' love and grace. " For we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers and rulers of the darkness of this air."


3 comments:

  1. Love this! Praise God for this opportunity! How's it going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I didn't know you made a blog, that's awesome! I love you sista, and Merry Christmas! I love you!
    -Tasha :) <3

    ReplyDelete